Wednesday 7 April 2010

Game on!



After the quarter-finals had been concluded, I had been keeping my eye on the ticket page of Portsmouth's website. As expected Villa, Chelsea & Spurs quickly sold their allocations but as Pompey have an average attendance of 18,000 and a 32,000 allocation to sell I was quite confident of getting a ticket in their open sale this week.

Sadly, all looked to be lost as they decided to restrict the sale to people who had attended at least one Fratton Park match this season.

... until half-ten on the Wednesday evening when a call from my good friend Liam Core put me in touch with a Spurs fan in Belfast who was flying over for the match and had a spare ticket available for the game.

So this Sunday I will be swapping my sofa my first visit to the rebuilt Wembley, the FA Cup is truly a magical competition.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers